Please carefully read our terms and conditions (T&Cs) before booking
Butterfly Services Ltd/Dubrovnik Chic Rentals ('BSL' or 'we') acts as a representative, offering holiday rentals on behalf of property owners. Your contract is between you and the owner. All the properties we propose have been visited by us and carefully selected.
IMPORTANT: before you arrive
- If you booked at least 2 days before travelling, please email us at email@example.com with your:
- flight number
- arrival time
- If your flight is delayed or cancelled while en route, you are required to contact us so that we can notify everyone involved, including your car rental company.
- Key collection depends on the property's owner. (We will send you information with the booking confirmation.)
- We will also give you BSL's contact phone numbers in case you need anything (even advice) during your vacation.
Rental property availability
- The availability calendars are based upon information we receive from property owners.
- It is possible that a situation may arise where a property reserved is not available.
- In this case, we will offer you the choice of a full refund of your booking deposit or alternative accommodation of a similar quality and price.
- We cannot be held responsible for any errors caused by a property owner's failure to provide us with up-to-date information.
A 3-night minimum stay is usually required. Shorter stays may be accepted at a 20-30 per cent higher price.
Booking and payment
- Once you have selected a property and completed the booking form, BSL requires a non-refundable deposit to secure the booking.
- This deposit varies by rental property but is usually 20-30 per cent of the total reservation amount. The reservation deposit should be paid via credit card. In rare cases, BSL accepts a bank transfer.
- Please note that the booking will not be confirmed until BSL has received the pre-payment amount and you have received a confirmation email and voucher from BSL.
- The remaining balance of the reservation is usually due IN CASH upon arrival. You will pay either the owner or BSL directly in cash, in either Euro or Kuna (the local currency).
- Because they are privately owned properties, it is usually not possible to pay the balance by credit card upon arrival. If you would like to pay in advance, please let us know as some owners will accept a bank transfer.
- In rare cases, the property owner requires payment 4-8 weeks prior to your arrival. This information will be clearly indicated on the property profile for you to check.
- All cancellations and any change requests to your reservation (such as date changes or changes in the number of people) must be made IN WRITING. There will be no refunds granted for late arrivals or premature departures.
- Guests who abandon their property without permission from BSL agree they have no rights to compensation.
- If you cancel your reservation, there is a cancellation charge that will depend on the number of days remaining before the beginning of the rental period (the deposit remains non-refundable):
- 49-30 days prior to arrival: 50 per cent of total cost
- 29-15 days prior to arrival: 75-85 per cent of total cost
- Less than 14 days prior to arrival: 100 per cent of total cost
- In the event that you change your dates, it will be understood as a new stay and be subject to the cancellation conditions.
- BSL strongly recommends that you buy trip cancellation insurance. Any cancellation, including force majeure, will be subject to our clear and simple cancellation policy stated herein.
- If you cancel or shorten your stay and have already paid in full in advance, you will lose all the money you have paid.
- BSL reserves the right to substitute comparable or better accommodations without liability, should the property reserved be:
- out of order
- inadvertently double-booked
- deemed substandard by us for any reason.
- If this is the case, we will inform you as soon as possible. If requested, we will try to arrange alternative accommodation of a similar type, standard and location.
- If comparable accommodation is not available or acceptable, we will refund in full all monies paid and shall be under no other liability.
- A damage deposit may be required upon arrival and is fully refundable on your departure day, provided there are:
- no breakage, damage or missing items
- no additional cleaning for apartments left abnormally dirty
- no other outstanding charges incurred before, during, or after your stay.
- All normal utilities are included in the rental price.
- You hereby agree to pay the cleaning or replacement costs for all damages to personal property which may occur as a result of your occupancy, excluding normal wear and tear.
- As the guest, you agree to take all reasonable steps to ensure that your family and other guests in your party adhere to the rules and regulations of your rental property.
- Please check the damage deposit amount on your contract.
Check-in and check-out times
- Check-in time is 16:00h.
- If for any reason your arrival is earlier, please let us know in advance so we might try to accommodate you before the check-in time.
- On your arrival, you will be asked to show your booking confirmation and proof of identity.
- If your arrival is delayed, please inform the owner so that he/she can take the necessary steps to provide you with access to the rental property.
- Check-out time is 10.00h.
- Failure to check out of your rental property by this time may result in a penalty at the property owner's discretion (usually of the amount of one night's rental).
- If you would like a later check-out time, you are required to check with BSL during your stay to see if another group is arriving the day you leave. You might be able to stay later into the afternoon at no charge, but you are required to get prior permission to stay later than the published check-out time.
- The apartment will be cleaned prior to your arrival. When leaving, you are obliged to leave the apartment in a reasonable condition.
- Some properties do not include an interim cleaning service. If the property you select does not include this as part of its rental price, or if you would like a more frequent service, we can easily arrange it for you as often as you wish. Please request pricing for this service.
Linen is included in all our properties. However, we recommend that you provide beach towels and bed linen for babies.
Capacity of rental properties
- The total number of persons allowed in the rental property at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for.
- Should a group misrepresent itself, it will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately or vacate the rental property without refund.
Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on a rental property's premises without specific written permission from BSL.
Quiet enjoyment and parties
- BSL wishes to maintain a family atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of guests.
- We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from BSL.
- Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents in the neighbourhood.
- The client signing the booking form will be liable for the correct and decent behaviour of all the people accompanying him/her.
- Should that person or any of the people accompanying him/her not behave in a suitable and responsible way, BSL is entitled to ask the client and accompanying people to leave the apartment without the right to claim any type of compensation.
Complaints and maintenance
- BSL and the property owners make every effort to keep all rental properties and their inventories in good working order.
- If there is a maintenance problem, we will try to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified.
- However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc.
- To report any problems or damage to the rental property, please contact us IMMEDIATELY.
Entry into the property
- BSL or its staff may enter your rental property to perform any repairs as necessary.
- We make every effort to:
- schedule maintenance at a time convenient to you
- respect your privacy
- not interrupt your stay.
Security and objects of value
- Any object of value left at the property is left at your own risk.
- Under no circumstances and in no respect may the property owner and/or BSL be held liable for any theft or damage to property, or any criminal act or physical assault of which the tenant may be the perpetrator or the victim at the rental property.
- We therefore recommend that you take the appropriate steps to prevent theft and criminal offences.
- BSL nor the owner of the apartment shall be liable for any direct or indirect damages that may arise as a consequence of you using the apartment including (without limitation) damages, insurance, loss due to fire, robbery or criminal behaviour.
- In case of any infringement of the aforementioned obligations, BSL at its sole discretion will be entitled to ask the client to leave the apartment, and the client shall have no right to claim any type of compensation.
Description of rental properties
- We have carried out a thorough visit to all the properties that we offer. We make every effort, in good faith, to ensure that the descriptions and photographs that we supply are an accurate reflection of the reality.
- If, despite these precautions, your rental property does not match up to the description given, BSL in its capacity as a service intermediary may not be held liable for any discrepancies that these may contain.
- Out of a concern for continuing improvement, owners reserve the right to modify the specifications of the accommodation if they consider it necessary, to ensure that the holiday runs smoothly. Similarly, they may change the furniture without notice.
- BSL also reserves the right to change information published on the website at any time including rates, descriptions and photographs.
- BSL makes no warranty or representation about the fitness or suitability of any product or service advertised on its website.
- Dubrovnik and its surroundings are very hilly. Rental properties are often built into steep hillsides, giving you the fantastic ocean views that are characteristic of our region.
- BUT this also means that many of our rental property have lots of stairs and steps.
- If you have (or one of your group has) a disability or mobility problems, please ask about stairs when booking your rental property. We will be able to tell you how many there are.
- Please also let us know if you use crutches or a wheelchair. We can then suggest and book you into an easily accessible property.